Faculty teaching mathematics at a community or technical college or other associate degree-granting institutions may apply provided:
* They have a masters degree or higher in mathematics, mathematics education or other related field with significant coursework in graduate-level mathematics, and
* The upcoming academic year will be the first, second or third year of their first full-time, renewable position at any community college. (Note: Contracts for the current position should begin Fall term, 2015 or later.) Adjunct, part-time and full-time temporary faculty are ineligible. It is expected that most participants will be recent graduates with master or doctoral degrees, or adjunct faculty members who have moved into full-time positions.
The first groups of ACCCESS Fellows are listed elsewhere on this site. AMATYC Project ACCCESS will select the new cohort of about twenty-four participants for the upcoming school year.
The cost is shared by the participant’s home institution and the AMATYC Foundation. AMATYC will provide funding for four nights of lodging (double occupancy) in San Diego, registration for the San Diego conference, four nights of lodging (double occupancy) in Orlando, registration for the Orlando conference and select meals at both conferences.
We estimate that the total institutional commitment will be approximately $2,000 spread over two fiscal years. Assurances of institutional support and eligibility are of critical importance in the acceptance process.
* The AMATYC Affiliate meeting, the MAA Section meeting or the NCTM Regional meeting for the Fellow's geographic area taking place between the two AMATYC conferences mentioned above.. The dates of these meetings vary and can be found at the following websites:
Applications for Cohort 14 will be accepted starting March 1, 2017. Please notice the deadline of May 15 is the the deadline for materials to be received. The application process is online.
New ACCCESS Fellows must be available to attend the following during their fellowship year:
* The AMATYC Conference in San Diego, CA, November 9 - 12, 2017
* The AMATYC Conference in Orlando, FL, November 15-18, 2018
AMATYC Affiliate Conferences
AMATYC Affiliates by Region
MAA Section Meetings
NCTM Regional Conferences
As an integral part of their professional development during their Fellowship year, Fellows are expected to develop, implement, and evaluate a project at their home institution. Fellows will also participate in an electronic network which will link ACCCESS Fellows and a group of distinguished mathematics educators.
Please consult the FAQ page for more details.