2001 Teaching Excellence Award Winners
- Pat Wilkinson, Northeast Region, Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York, NY
- Elaine Klett, Mid-Atlantic Region, Brookdale Community College, Lincroft, NJ
- Pete Wildman, Central Region, Casper College, Casper, WY
- Janet Tarjan, West Region, Bakersfield College, Bakersfield, CA
- Sandy Spears, Midwest Region, Jefferson Community College, Louisville, KY
- Mary Robinson, Southwest Region, University of New Mexico Valencia Campus in Los Lunas, NM
- Bill Jordan, Southeast Region, Seminole Community College in Sanford, FL
left to right: Michael Busnach, Houghton-Mifflin, Award Winners Pat Wilkinson,
Elaine Klett, Pete Wildman, Janet Tarjan, Sandy Spears, Mary Robinson,
Bill Jordan, and AMATYC President Susan S. Wood
The 1999 - 2001 Teaching Excellence Award Committee considered a pool of outstanding nominations for this award. Quotes from two of the committee members describe the overall experience with this project. "I truly enjoyed reading all the nominations and feel very humble when I learn of all the amazing things the nominees have done." And "I was blown away by the quality of practically all submissions."
These awardees were honored at AMATYC's annual conference in Toronto during the Opening Session. President Susan Wood presented each awardee with a medallion from AMATYC, and Michael Busnach of Houghton Mifflin presented each with a $500 check for professional development from Houghton Mifflin's Faculty Development Programs.
The Teaching Excellence Award is intended to honor AMATYC members whose primary assigned duty must be delivering instruction in an associate's degree program. Teaching excellence is the main focus of the award. Congratulations to each recipient of the 2001 AMATYC Teaching Excellence Award!