AMATYC: The American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges is proud to provide a wide variety of professional development opportunities. In addition to the annual conference and thriving webinar series, AMATYC has been offering Traveling Workshops for many years.
While many institutions and affiliates have expressed interest in hosting a Traveling Workshop, the cost of hosting is a major issue for cash-strapped colleges and affiliates. In the 2016-2017 year, AMATYC will award up to 8 Traveling Workshop Grants of up to $2000 each to fund Traveling Workshops. Ideally, we would like to award one of these grants in each of the 8 AMATYC regions.
AMATYC Institutional Members and Affiliates may apply. Institutional Members will be given preference.
Traveling Workshop presenter(s) should follow current AMATYC policies regarding reimbursement (airfare maximums, per diem amounts, receipt requirements). In addition, grant recipients must submit an article about the Traveling Workshop for the AMATYCNews at the conclusion of the workshop.
Applications must be submitted by Friday, July 1, 2016.
- Letter (1-2 pages) to selection committee, including answers to the following:
- Why do you want an AMATYC Traveling Workshop to come to your institution/affiliate?
- Why should AMATYC fund a Traveling Workshop for your institution/affiliate?
- Who will benefit from this Traveling Workshop?
- Goals & Assessment plan (1-2 pages), including answers to the following
- What are your institution/affiliate goals for the Traveling Workshop? How do they align with AMATYC’s mission/vision?
- What is your plan for assessing the success of the Traveling Workshop?
- How do you plan to communicate your assessment data to AMATYC (Professional Development Coordinator, Executive Board, etc.)
- Letter from the AMATYC Professional Development Coordinator, indicating your desired Traveling Workshop strand and some options for date(s) for your workshop.
Please fill out this form and click the Submit button. Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received and we'll evaluate each proposal and notify all applicants of the decision of whether their grant is to be funded!
Please contact Julie Gunkelman, the AMATYC Professional Development Coordinator, at AMATYCPDC@gmail.com, if you have any questions about this grant or the application process.