Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s my member number? If you are currently a member, you may refer to your membership card printed at the bottom of your dues receipt when you last renewed; or you may look on one of the AMATC publications you receive and your member number will appear above or next to where your name appears. If you are a new member, leave the box blank and a number will be assigned to you. If you are not sure if you have been a member in the past or if you are recorded in our database, you may leave the box blank.
- I am a student. What is a sponsor? If there is a faculty member that is an AMATYC member, you may ask them to be your sponsor. Or, if you know an individual that belongs to an AMATYC affiliate and is also a member of AMATYC, you may ask them to be your sponsor. This is an attempt to establish a mentoring-type relationship while you are completing your coursework.
- What is the AMATYC Directory? On a annual basis, the AMATYC provides an active membership to be included in the Combined Membership List. If you do not wish to be included, please fill in the box to be excluded.
- What are Non-AMATYC Mailing Lists? Periodically, AMATYC sells their membership lists. If you do not wish to have your information provided to any other company or group, please fill in the box to be excluded.
- How will I know that my information has been received? Once information is downloaded from the website, you will receive an email confirmation from the office if you provide an email address. An official receipt and membership card will be sent by regular mail.
- I have a question that does not appear on this page. How do I find out what I want to know? Contact the AMATYC office at 901-333-4643 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.