The mission of the AMATYC Foundation, established in 1990, and incorporated in 1993, is to provide financial support for the goals and activities of AMATYC and its members, and for AMATYC projects. This can only happen with the support of our members. Through your generosity we can achieve our vision of Opening Doors Through Mathematics.
Your contribution facilitates achieving AMATYC’s strategic priorities and goals and validates the efforts of the many, many members who work on behalf of AMATYC and the profession. In the past, AMATYC funds have been used to support AMATYC Project ACCCESS fellows, support a reception at the AMATYC Conference in New Orleans for past and present recipients of the AMATYC Teaching Excellence Award, and support the revision of the AMATYC Standards document. The Foundation has supported the 2016 NADE/AMATYC Developmental Mathematics Summit and offered some financial support to four AMATYC members attending the 13th International Congress on Mathematical Education held in Hamburg, Germany in July 2106.
Click on the link above to contribute today and join me in supporting the AMATYC Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)3 tax exempt entity.
Chair, AMATYC Foundation
AMATYC Immediate Past President
Categories for Giving
- President’s Club, Platinum Member - $10,000 or more
- President’s Club, Gold Member - $5,000-$9,999
- President’s Club - $1,000-$4,999
- Patron - $500-$999
- Sponsor - $250-$499
- Friend - $100-$249
- Supporter - $50-$99
You may direct your contribution to one of these AMATYC Foundation Funds:
- Long Term Endowment - Support activities of the
Foundation by securing funds long-term.
- General Development - Support important AMATYC
projects and meet special needs of AMATYC and its members.
- AMATYC Project ACCCESS - Provide
professional development for new faculty and develop future two-year college
- Grants (application
information) - Provide AMATYC members with support to apply innovative techniques or
new techniques in the process of teaching and learning mathematics.
- Research in Mathematics Education in Two-Year Colleges
- Support the initiatives and activities of the AMATYC Research in Mathematics
Education in Two-Year Colleges Committee.
- Developmental Mathematics - Support the pathways
initiatives and activities of the AMATYC developmental Mathematics Committee
- AMATYC Presidential Student Scholarship (more information)
AMATYC Foundation Board Members
- Nancy Sattler (email@example.com) AMATYC Foundation Board Chair and AMATYC Immediate Past President
- Rachel Black Board Member-at-Large
- Wanda Garner, AMATYC Executive Director
- Mark Harbison, AMATYC West Vice President
- Pat McKeague, Board Member-at-Large
- Fred Peskoff, Board Member-at-Large
- Bill Steenken, Board Member-at-Large
- Jane Tanner, AMATYC President
- David Tannor, AMATYC Treasurer