AMATYC Foundation Grant Opportunities
The Foundation of the American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges (AMATYC) invites individuals and organizations, working in the area of mathematics taught during the first two years of college, to submit proposals for funding. Proposals will be accepted throughout the year as long as funds are available. Preference will be given to applicants who are or have been members of AMATYC for at least one of the past five years.
Proposals for projects shall be routed to the Foundation Chair (email@example.com). Such proposals shall include the following information:
- Summary of the proposed project (two- or three-sentence summary including the amount of funding requested)
- Qualifications (including the name of the person or organization making the proposal, contact information, and vitae of the principal investigator)
- Need Statement (stating the specific problem area to be addressed or studied)
- Goals and Objectives (describing the outcomes of the project and what the person or organization expects to accomplish)
- Methods, Strategies or Program Design (describing the activities to be conducted, such as how technology will be used, and the rationale behind the choice of activity)
- Evaluation Plan (outlining how the results of the project will be evaluated and including the measures to determine the extent to which the objectives are met)
- Other Funding or Sustainability (including other funding sources or resources needed to implement the grant or to continue the activity beyond the funding of the project)
- Budget (delineating the costs needed to meet the objectives of the project, submitted in columnar form not a narrative)
The amount of detail included in a proposal should correspond to the amount of the request. For example, requests for projects with a small budget ($1,000 or less) should include the same information as described above, but should be condensed into a two- or three- page proposal.
Proposals will be evaluated for consistency with the mission of AMATYC and its strategic plan, perceived value, ability for accomplishment, and availability and appropriateness of funding.
If a project is approved for funding, the AMATYC Foundation Board will establish the parameters for payout of the funds, and requirements for reporting the results of the project to the AMATYC Foundation Board and dissemination beyond the AMATYC Foundation Board by the person(s) and/or entity in a timely manner at the completion of the project.
Please contact the Chair of the AMATYC Foundation (firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information.